Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mid-Week Art Fun



"Balloons for AmyGoodGorilla"
Haley Jane Samuelson
Photograph


With this weekly piece of art blog, I think that I'll start with a good friend of mine and my absolute favorite photographer ever. Haley Jane, a recent MFA graduate from Parsons The New School for Design, lives and works in NYC but she's really from all over the place, like Colorado, the Netherlands, Pluto, you know, weird places. We met more than a year ago via a craigslist calling for artsy people. I kind of showed up and just never left.

Every picture I've seen (and I've seen lots) radiate with vibrant colors and scenarios that are all too real in their dream-like state. Some things appear as if born from nightmares, some lead the viewer into complete other dimensions and realities, where Ducks and Bunnies live together, drink whiskey and murder people. The image above is one of my favorite of the older photos and I still get chills when I look at it.

I admire her work to no end, especially knowing how much time she really devotes to it, spending hours and hours sitting in front of the computer, getting every little detail correct and making Photoshop prove its worth in this world. I'm not here to critique or analyze or anything, I'm just telling you what I like and that you should go find out more for yourself. Check out the rest of her work on her website. Email her, hire her.

Haley Jane Samuelson Photography

No comments: